Logo

Jerusalem Parish - Saint Savior Church

Jerusalem Parish

The Monastery of Saint Saviour is a Catholic Franciscan monastery. The site was purchased from the Georgian Orthodox Church by the Franciscan Order in 1560 with permission by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire, and the monastery was constructed in stages. The church building was erected in 1885, with renovation in 1985. The site includes a printing press, an organ workshop, a library and a Catholic school.