The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is currently looking for qualified candidates for the current job post; LP Schools & External Segments Controller - Full Time Duty, under the direct supervision of the LPJ Director of Finance at the General Administration Offices/ HQ in Jerusalem.
Under the supervision of the General Administration of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the LP Schools & External Segments' Controller will be responsible for the efforts and results of the LP schools and LPJ external segments; reporting to the Director of Finance regarding all financial and accounting activities; budget monitoring; overseeing and closely monitoring financial activities and operations of schools and external segments.
S/He will be responsible for reviewing revenues, collections, and donations by supervising and directing the accounting processes and providing guidance in resolving discrepancies within the ERP systems. The Controller will oversee the work of LPS Palestine, Galilee and Jordan Finance Managers, in addition to external segments' accountants. The position is based in Jerusalem and requires frequent and extended travel to and stay in all three regions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Provides guidance, direction to the finance team and ensures that financial tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Keeps a watchful eye on financial transactions, records, and reports to identify any discrepancies, errors, or potential issues promptly.
- On quarterly basis reviews and analyzes payroll cost and submit a comparative report.
- Develops systems to proactively prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Implements and maintains internal controls, this can involve segregation of duties and workflows.
- Ensures that all financial activities adhere to LPJ internal policies and procedures.
- Controls cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, recommends necessary changes, and collaborates with the Schools' General Directors on the implementation of these improvements in coordination with the Director of Finance and CEO.
- Ensures that account balances between different segments are reconciled and matched and provides support in resolving any discrepancies to maintain accurate financial records.
- Oversees the progress of projects executed by external segments and provides support in the preparation of financial reports related to these projects.
- Reviews, Analyzes, and reports the annual financial set targets of the schools and segments.
- Examines all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports to analyze outcomes, identify trends. And provide financial forecast.
- Contributes to the budgeting process by ensuring a full participatory process within the different segments.
- Reviews and recommends all financial plans and budgets for LPJ external segments, with a focus on identifying cost reduction opportunities and strategies for income improvement, guided by research and data report to grant the final approval by the Director of Finance.
- Reviews and recommends the annual schools' fees, tuition write-offs and budgeted amount of special discounts and recommends the final approval by the Director of Finance.
- Identities opportunities for enhancing the integration process between Bisan, Edunation and other related systems, with the aim of streamlining and improving data flow.
- Collaborates with External Auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Facilitates a smooth year-end closing process and provides vital support in the preparation of accurate and timely audited financial statements.
- Follows up the implementation of the independent auditor's recommendations.
- Reports to the Director of Finance with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assists the Director of Finance in presenting reports to the CEO, the consulters, and Finance Councils.
- Discharges responsibilities in an ethical manner.
- Protects LPJ's value by handling and keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or finance. CPA or CIA certification is a plus.
- Proven 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent language skills in Arabic and English. Knowledge of Hebrew is a plus.
- Excellent communication and supervision skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficient experience with software, MS. Office, Bisan accounting software, Menaitech HR System and Edunation student"s platform.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, prioritize work and excel in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong identification with LPJ Core Values.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driving license
All applications will be handled in strict confidentiality. A cover letter along with a curriculum vitae should be submitted in English no later than December 29th, 2023 only by email at: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.